Saturday, January 31, 2009

HEAD BURN

Last night Brooklyn came to me rubbing her head and crying. It was not just a little whine, it was a full on cry. I noticed her forehead was red, but didn't think much of it. She wouldn't settle down, so I went to Keith to ask if he saw her run into anything. Keith then told me that Brev and her were playing around and he was dragging her on the carpet. Hence the HEAD BURN. I heard this and started busting up laughing. (Probably not what you should do when your child is hurting)
The reason I couldn't stop laughing was because when I was 11 years old, my oldest nephew Justin was 2 and one night they were over and playing. Well my sister SherRae and I were dragging Justin up and down the hallway for a good hour. That night we got a phone call from my sister-in-law Julie with Justin crying in the background saying, "Head burn, head burn". Poor J did get totured by us a few times. I guess he was the little brother that I never had.
We talked to Brev about why we don't drag our sister on the carpet, which he now understands. You gotta love siblings though.



1 comment:

Soggy in Seattle said...

Poor girl! I guess that's what happens when you're the youngest. We'll see what it looks like tomorrow!